Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ideas

Eating a ripe apple on a fall day: Good idea.

Buying a bushel of apples to make apple sauce, apple butter, apple juice: Ok idea.

Buying a second bushel of apples to make more apple sauce, apple butter, apple juice: Bad idea.

*****

Buying some peaches to can: Good idea.

Buying a box of peaches to make peach jam: Ok idea.

Buying a second box of peaches to make more peach jam: Bad idea.

*****

Canning tomatoes: Good idea.

Canning a bushel of tomatoes: Ok idea.

Canning a second bushel of tomatoes: Bad idea.

*****
A pattern emerges.

I think I'm ready to hibernate.

1 comment:

  1. As much as I admire your canning every year (and I do - to the point where I sometimes think of you while I'm purchasing cans of tomatoes for chili and feel guilty for not canning my own...), I am sort of glad I don't pass many farm stands here. Glad they're out of tomatoes by you. Can you can winter cabbage?

    ReplyDelete